Friday 9 November 2012

Transformation

I am busy working away on the planning for the Handmade & Vintage Festive Market 2012. It takes place each year at The Storey in Lancaster but this year is a little different.

For the past six years I have been Programme Manager at The Storey Gallery. Slotting this fun and festive event in amongst a more critical programme of contemporary art was like light relief - it felt like a break. I love this event and I love organising it, meeting all those fabulous makers and spending the day inspired by their work and approach.... but I miss the programme of contemporary art I produced throughout the rest of the year. I miss the challenge, I miss the research - most of all I miss that amazing space and the job of transforming it into something entirely different for each exhibition. I miss my colleagues, and I miss the ability to share amazing ideas and objects with the people of Lancaster.

I am a bit sad about it today.















I hadn't intended on writing such a melancholic post, I had fully intended on writing about the Festive Market, which is quite jovial - I hope you dont mind me being so open and honest !! I think I am doing too much reminiscing.....





























2 comments:

  1. XX Thank you Jonathan. You have made me a little more confident about posting a link on my facebook page ... I was a little reluctant :)

    ReplyDelete